Stuff happens. Growing up, I always felt as if a special light was shining on my family, illuminating our paths and ensuring us top billing in all our endeavors. I didn't grow up with a lot of money or even a perfect home life, but somehow life always seemed to come up roses.
Until college. Why hello, Young Life Crisis. I lost faith in myself and my ability to ever be a contributing member to society. Sure, I am a little dramatic at times (between this and the spotlight reference above, maybe you have figured out that I love theater and the stage?), but climbing out of a pit is hard work.
So today I offer one tip to any fellow travelers journeying back to Life Uninterrupted: Do one thing every single day that terrifies you. Preferably, write a list of things that scare you, and then tackle the scariest one right away. I'm not referring to random fears like an aversion to trying spicy foods or choosing a new nail color; I specifically want you to address things about your present situation that give you anxiety.
Money is my biggest fear right now. I worry constantly that I will not have enough to take care of myself and pay back my loans. To allay my anxiety I am forcing myself to be a financially sound person. I am learning how to budget. I am already good at saving money. I am making myself make payments on time, even though my bank account weeps softly at the loss. I am making myself see that money is just that: money.
Addressing the biggest fear straight away is empowering and gives you momentum to dominate the others. Hopefully. You know, I'm still journeying with you. Let's meet back here in a year's time to compare notes. Deal?
No comments:
Post a Comment