Tonight my church's college group gathered at a local coffee shop to discuss a book we've collectively begun to read- "Life of the Beloved" by Henri J.M. Nouwen. The author, who was also a minister, wrote the text as a way of answering spiritual questions posed to him by his non-Chrisitan friend.
While I don't agree with every thing that Nouwen held to be true about God and/or faith, I did appreciate his reassurance that my life is precious to God, and that my time here on Earth is not inconsequential.
Time is a resource that I am discovering is finite. I really want to start making the most of every second of the time allotted to me, so that I will not have reason to be ashamed when my time runs up. Geez, I'm very existential today. I blame all the rain. When it rains I want to curl up with soup and philosophize. I did both of those things today.
I also did some living room Zumba for just over half an hour. In my books, that counts as the biscuit to my previous, pondering two piece. Two piece and a biscuit.
Yep, I went there.
No comments:
Post a Comment